Tales From Daisy, Now I Get Top Billing!

The long and short of the lives of us.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Shadow Knows

I followed Mom all over the house yesterday. After all the Grand Dame, Lady ignored me all day. Even when I bounced up to her and nipped her in the nose. She really hates that! So, since Mom was doing the laundry and cleaning I followed her. Just like a shadow, I watched what she did. I stuck my head in the shower. I made her remake the bed twice. She brought out the broom, I chased it. Those bristles don't chew well. I closely followed as she got the garbage ready. I keep missing that bag. One of these days I'll figure out how to get that bag open. Yeah, the Shadow knows. Everytime Mom went downstairs, I was right behind. Back upstairs to the computer room. Nice spot under Mom's feet. Lady was relaxed on the couch. Mom went downstairs to watch her soaps. How come they dont have soaps for dogs?

Later, I, still playing the Shadow, followed a fly all over the den. It flew around the room and into the kitchen. Sitting in the chair with Mom, I kept my eye on it. Man that little guy is fast! I followed it around behind Mom's chair. That stupid fly just had to sit on the blinds just out of my reach. I sat up and woofed at it. Mom told me to be quiet. She just doesn't understand. I have to defend our home from all creatures, great and small. That fly could be a spy! The Shadow has to stay alert! Nothing escapes the nose of the Shadow. Now which way did that fly go?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said…

    Photo's, Photo's - comeon, give us a look at how cute you two are ! We are all dying to see you both
    :-)
    Love
    Opy

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Isabella said…

    I don't think I have ever seen a fly, but I love chasing buterflies, moths, and dragonflies. I am not as fast as you and have never caught one, though. I can catch lizards! I caught one and ate it, but now Linda yells at me if I even look at one.
    Big Wags,
    Isabella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home