Tales From Daisy, Now I Get Top Billing!

The long and short of the lives of us.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm Going Hunting

The other night when Mom and I were about to go outside before bedtime, I saw something run across the patio toward the house. Being the Great Red Hunter that I am, I took off after it. Can't get very far on a leash though. Mom would not let me chase it cause she thinks it was a rat. Mom is not happy about this. We dont have any mice or rats in our house. Maybe an occasional roach when it rains, but no rodents. As the little creature ran into the flower bed at the back of the house, I tried to follow. Man, Mom's no fun! She pulled me back! She kept telling me that what ever the animal was it could hurt me. I still wanted to catch it.

So everyday since that night, whenever I go outside I go right to the spot. Sooner or later I will find that little guy! I am the Great Red Hunter and I intend to rid my yard of all enemies! Don't think Mom will really let me, but I can dream, can't I?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said…

    Your mom thinks some silly little rat will hurt you? Has she looked in your mouth lately and seen those teeth in there? But, then, our mom would probably act the same way. We say, if our ancestors could take down badgers, certainly we can take down a rat.

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Isabella said…

    Humans just don't get it that it is in our genes to chase critters and slay them. I still hear about the time I ate the lizard- geesh! Humans are just so squeemish and worry too much. My human won't let me kill anything.
    Big Wags,
    Isabella

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said…

    I have snakes in my yard! And Geckos and squirrels and kitties! Lemme at em OFF LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said…

    I tag you! Come visit my blog and see what you have to do!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

     

Post a Comment

<< Home