Tales From Daisy, Now I Get Top Billing!

The long and short of the lives of us.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stair Master

Now I am in control. Noone can get past me. Not even Mom! Certainly not Daisy! I have blocked the stairs. I have picked a stair a little more than halfway up and have decided to lie here as the Stair Master. I can see all things below me and nothing gets past me!

Hey, Lady, move over!

No, go away!

Why?

Cause you will try to get in my way!

No I wont.

Daisy, we both know that you will get up here and try to get on the step above me. You always want to be higher than I am. You do it to me when we sit with Mom and you are not going to do it now!

Man, you're no fun, Lady. What was that noise?

Daisy you dummy, that was Mom doing the laundry.

Oh, well, ok, just as long as she doesn't want to wash me.

What's that, Mom? What do you mean I have to move? I am guarding the house from my lofty position as Stair Master. Why do you have to come down stairs now? What's that? You are going to get Daisy to give her a bath? Run Daisy!

Thanks Lady, that was close. I guess it's ok for you to be the Stair Master. But when do I get to be the Stair Master?

If you have to ask, then you do not know when you will be qualified for the job! It takes years of practice and a keen eye for detail and a nose for news.

Naw, it doesn't. You just got higher on the stairs than I did!

Watch it, kid. I can push you off! Oh sorry, Mom, did you want to get by? I'll move. But don't let Daisy up here...please. I promise I'll be good.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jan said…

    That is so cute. The alpha dog of the stairway. Now if humans would just understand the importance of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home